When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
Senior Analyst Programmer - Java Production Support - Sydney CBD - Permanent
- Feel confident in your future in this Permanent position based in the Sydney CBD
- Fast paced working environment
- Career growth opportunities with a dynamic worldwide insurer
In the role of Senior Analyst Programmer you will take on delivery of high quality application software solutions within the Java Development Team. You will be based in the Sydney CBD with opportunities to grow your career and utilise your software development and leadership skills to meet customer requirements as you provide support and maintenance for a number of business critical web applications.
Your responsibilities in this role include:
- Proactive monitoring and alerting of operational stability risks to mitigate system interruption and high severity incidents.
- Investigate, diagnose, estimate and permanently fix application issues.
- Work with Managers, Business, Support Analysts and System Testers to ensure functional and non-functional requirements and timelines are met.
- Work with Infrastructure teams to ensure effective development processes and execution of software in production environments.
- Mentor less experienced Developers – assist with managing workload, code reviews, knowledge transfer, best practice guidance, etc...
- Provide technical consultancy into business and architectural discussions for large initiatives.
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- Deep understanding of service orientated architecture techniques and technologies, continuous integration practices (Jenkins/UCD/Bamboo, Subversion/GIT, Maven), configuration management (code branching, merging, retrofitting) and system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Solid experience as a Senior Analyst Programmer with demonstrated leadership experience.
- Production support experience and mind-set with excellent problem solving skills, resolution and risk management techniques.
- A highly motivated, driven and tenacious individual with a desire to continuously improve systems and processes.
- A team player with an eye for detail and a positive pro-active can-do attitude.
- Good time management skills capable of multi-tasking, coordinating and adaptable to change.
- Customer focused with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong track record of delivering quality software into production.
- Desirable knowledge includesIBM MQ, CSS, AngularJS, HTML5, Work Management Tools (Wiki, Jira, Remedy), Insurance Domain Knowledge.