When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
• Large General Insurance Company of the Year (AIIA Award Winner 2016)
• Use your experience to achieve outstanding claims results
• Key management role
An opportunity now exists for an experienced Settlement Strategist to join our Liability Claims team. Working closely with the National Manager Liability Claims and the wider team, you will play an important role in ensuring cost effective claims management delivery. You will act as a referral point for claims staff, assisting them in the development of their claims skills and acting as an escalation point on complex claims.
Your key duties will include:
• Inspiring and coaching a team of technical experts to deliver excellence in service for our customers and assist in the claims management process from lodgement to finalisation.
• Providing guidance and support to reduce the average duration of claims.
• Reviewing and monitoring major liability and professional indemnity losses and providing direct involvement where necessary.
• Identifying knowledge and skills gaps and developing strategies to close those gaps.
• Monitoring legal spend and developing strategies to reduce outsourcing.
• Providing training and coaching to the team on professional skills and settlement strategies.
• Working with Managers, Adjustors and Lawyers to continually review and explore opportunities to manage contentious or complex claims to conclusion.
The successful candidate will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in law or other related disciplines
• Extensive knowledge of state and national legislation and regulation pertaining to Liability Claims
• Superior negotiation and mediation skills
• Detailed knowledge of litigation procedures and practices in each state and territory
• Experience identifying knowledge and skills gaps and developing strategies to bridge those gaps
• A strong ability to influence others and contribute to a positive team climate
• Appellate experience
Your positive attitude, commitment to providing quality customer service and high energy will ensure your success in this position.
If this opportunity is of interest please apply online today!