When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
- Utilise your strong communication and compliance skills
- Opportunity to implement Risk and Compliance actions into our agency partners
- Broad exposure to CEOs and senior stakeholders across Broker and Agency and the Industry
- 6 month secondment / contract opportunity
Working as the Governance and Compliance Manager you will be providing advice and expertise across our Underwriting Agency division supporting our agencies to manage their governance and compliance responsibilities. You will be responsible for ensuring key actions from recent risk and compliance audits are implemented in each agency.
You will liaise directly with CEOs and legal /compliance staff in our Underwriting agency partners, providing expertise on compliance matters, with regular reporting to senior management on progress against actions. You will take a lead role in driving the resolution of any governance and compliance matters that arise from our agency partners and provide a regular updates and reviews on the risk profile of each of our agencies.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Providing a high quality and practical governance and compliance service across our agencies division through implementing key controls and identifying, assessing and managing risks.
• Proactively manage remediation of incidents including any process and control improvements to prevent reoccurrence.
• Promote the ongoing development of a governance & compliance culture within our agencies.
• Regular reporting to senior B&A management.
To be considered for this role you should possess:
• Strong compliance, risk or audit experience, preferably within the General Insurance or Financial Services industry.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and experience delivering messages to CEOs and senior management.
• Experience in an operations or sales environment, implementing projects to key timeframes.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment.
• An understanding of relevant legislation and impact/cost of non-compliance is highly desirable.
We value high performance and encourage you to continue your personal and professional development.
Please apply on line with an up to date resume and cover letter