When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
• Large General Insurance Company of the Year (AIIA Award Winner 2016)
• Use your experience to implement best practice in claims management
• Key claims management role
An opportunity now exists for an experienced Technical Manager to join our NSW Liability Claims team. Working closely with the National Manager Liability Claims and the wider team, you will play an important role in ensuring cost effective claims management delivery. You will act as a referral point for Claims staff, assisting them in the development of their claims knowledge and acting as an escalation point for technical disputes.
Your key duties will include:
• Providing guidance and technical support to ensure that a consistent, fair and efficient approach is applied to liability claims interpretation and settlement
• Reviewing and monitoring major liability and professional indemnity losses and providing direct involvement where necessary
• Identifying knowledge and process gaps and developing strategies to close those gaps
• Developing, analysing and refining management and business reports
• Providing training and coaching to the team on technical and professional skills
• Working with Managers, Adjustors and Lawyers to continually review and explore opportunities to manage contentious or complex claims to conclusion
• Investigating and deliver initiatives to eliminate claims leakage and maintain legislative compliance.
The successful candidate will have:
• Extensive technical and professional knowledge and experience, particularly in managing major and contentious liability and professional indemnity claims
• Experience identifying knowledge and skills gaps and developing strategies to bridge those gaps
• Advanced reporting and report building skills (including Excel)
• Leadership and management experience, and a proven ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
• A strong ability to influence others and contribute to a positive team climate
• Quality orientation and attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on your strong technical knowledge of liability and professional indemnity claims and develop your career in an experienced, high performing team.
If this opportunity is of interest please apply online with an updated resume.