When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
Team Leader - Financial Accountant - Sydney CBD - Permanent
We have a great opportunity for a Team Leader - Financial Accountant to join our team here at Allianz Australia in the Sydney CBD office on a Permanent basis. This role will see you develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders in order to effectively fulfil our reporting obligations. The role requires oversight and ownership of some of Allianz’s financial reporting functions, where you will be managing a team of experienced Financial Accountants. The role will be directly reporting to the Statutory Reporting Manager.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role include:
- Responsible for overseeing the internal and external accounting and reporting function for Allianz’s non-insurance managed funds business and underwritten workers’ compensation business
- Work with key stakeholders internally and externally with government bodies to provide meaningful and relevant information
- Responsible for overseeing the financial reporting in relation to Allianz’s specialist underwriting agency subsidiaries and Allianz’s New Zealand insurance business
- Assist the Manager, Statutory Reporting in reviewing contractual arrangements with Allianz’s subsidiaries and partners
- Responsible for reporting and analysis of the Group’s Employee Share Incentive scheme and the Australian Market Value Balance Sheet
- Review and critical analysis of all internal and external reporting submissions including returns, quarterly reconciliations and month-end processes.
- Assist in the facilitation of the Group’s year-end audit process, including review of financial statements of the Group’s subsidiaries
Skills and Experience required for this role:
- CPA or CA qualified
- At least five years work experience, and experience in a managing a small/medium team is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines and ability to analyse impact of changes in various reporting requirements.
- Strong analytical, communication and reporting/writing skills.
- Experience with and proficiency in Finance systems such as SAP, TM1 or similar.
- Advanced Microsoft PC skills - particularly Excel and Word