When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
Business Intelligence Technical Team Lead - Sydney CBD - Permanent
- Great opportunity to take the lead in our Business Intelligence Team
- Based in the Sydney CBD with fantastic staff benefits
- Use your experience to shape our BI capability
As the Business Intelligence Technical Team Lead you will play a key role within our Business Intelligence (BI) team. This role is based in the heart of the Sydney CBD and is a Full Time Permanent opportunity.
In this role you will have responsibilities including:
- Day to day management of the Business Intelligence Team, with accountability for the deliverables required of the team including meeting deadlines, budgets and scope of work.
- Shape the Business Intelligence capability within Allianz and ensure that value is derived from data related projects
- Partner with Research and Marketing Managers to understand the portfolio of work planned
- Develop Datawarehouse strategies to support current and future business and operational strategies.
- Mentor the Business Intelligence team to continually build technical skills and specialisation of team members.
- Provide business and technical expertise in understanding Allianz's business needs, key performance indicators and availability of information and market conditions.
- Responsible for integrating various sources of current metadata / reference data into the strategic Master Data Management platform
- Responsible for the Data Quality Framework, ensuring that data issues are captured, investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide technical leadership for complex Datawarehouse projects.
- Engage with and develop relationships with key stakeholders within Allianz.
Experience and Skills Required for this role:
- At least 10 years of experience in Business Intelligence/Datawarehousing
- Extensive experience in SAS, SAS DI, SAS VA, Data Flux
- Excellent database and spreadsheet skills (MS Business tools, SAS, DB2, SQL Server, Cognos, etc)
- Experience across all operating platforms including Windows, Unix, Mainframe
- Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or Finance
- Demonstrated Leadership experience and skills
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to elicit information from key stakeholders