When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
Disaster Recovery Manager - Sydney CBD - 12 Months Full Time
- 12 month full time temporary position
- ASAP start available for the right candidate
- Use your well-developed experience in DR planning and testing
We have a newly created role for a Disaster Recovery Manager based in our Sydney CBD offices for a 12 month contract. As the Disaster Recovery Manager, you will review current DR strategy and plans, gather requirements from all stakeholders, build and test a revised strategy and end-to-end plan ensuring the needs of the business are met. This position is also responsible for the design, planning and execution of an overall DR strategy and plan for Allianz Australia.
Responsibilities in this role include:
- Plan, facilitate and lead a full Data Centre DR test.
- Plan, facilitate and lead an annual DR testing schedule, reporting monthly status to Senior Management.
- Ensure DR strategy and plans meet and align with Business requirements, recovery time objectives and best practice recommendations.
- Ensure DR strategy and plans comply with any regulatory requirements.
- Building working relationships with internal IT, Application and Business teams.
- Cross train other Service Delivery team members across DR.
- Engage with Application Owners to gather requirements, build and test DR plans for new or upgraded systems/applications.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders and external providers.
- Work with Risk & Compliance to ensure BCP and DR plans are aligned.
It is expected you will have skills and experience such as:
- Proven track record of DR planning and testing
- Proven experience with stakeholder management and a high influencer
- Knowledge of Mainframe, Unix and Wintel platforms and infrastructure
- Working understanding of Database recoveries
- Knowledge of backup and data replication methodologies
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, Firewall and Web application infrastructure
- Experience in Insurance or FSI industries