When you work at Allianz, you’re part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. You’ll have opportunities to grow and drive your career your way, work with people from all different backgrounds, and feel free to bring fresh thinking. And you’ll get the support you need to have an enriching career and enjoy what really matters to you.
- Join a dynamic global insurer who is growing from strength to strength
- Feel confident about your future in a full-time permanent position
- Work together and be supported to deliver outstanding service to our customers
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for two Legal Specialists to join our Common Law and Recoveries Teams. These new positions will report to the WID Manager and Recoveries Manager, respectively.
In these roles you will have the opportunity to implement and utilise your technical and legal knowledge which you have gained from working within Workers Compensation.
As a Legal Specialist you will be required to:
- Conduct optional reviews of dispute notices upon request from injured workers, their legal representatives or icare as per business needs.
- Completing a variety of pre-dispute tasks, including reviewing dispute notices, advising on commutations and reviewing legal costs as per business needs.
- Providing general internal support as a subject matter expert on complex legal issues relating to common law or recoveries. Including end to end management of common law or recoveries matters i.e. providing instructions to panel solicitors, attending mediations and settlement conferences and preparing the claim for successful resolution.
- Effectively manage relationships and communications with internal and external customers including panel solicitors, the Workers Compensation Commission, employers, injured workers and their legal representatives.
- Provide training to internal employees to share learning and knowledge.
- Assist the business to ensure it meets all regulatory and legislative requirements under our contract with icare.
- Timely and accurate reporting as required by Allianz and icare
- Take part in projects to ensure continuous improvement, compliance with contractual, legislative and regulatory requirements and that customer expectations are exceeded
The ideal candidate will have:
Relevant Legal qualifications
Previous Workers Compensation or case management experience
Thorough understanding of the NSW Workers Compensation legislation including recent legislative amendments
Excellent communication skills
Proven technical and legal knowledge
Effective decision-making and time management skills
Can - do attitude
We welcome your application. Please apply online with a resume and cover letter.